Gifts of Stock or Real Estate
Most charitable gifts are given in the form of cash because this is so familiar. However, this is probably not the most cost-effective way for you to give.
Examples of Non-Cash Assets
- Stock or marketable securities
- Real estate
- Business interests
- Farm commodities
- Life insurance
- Retirement assets, such as gifts from your IRA
Benefits of Gifts in a Will
- Tax-wise. Receive a fair market value deduction at the time of your gift and avoid tax liability on the sale of appreciated assets.
- Eliminate hassles. Give assets you no longer need or want to manage (such as rental properties of vacation homes) for the benefit of Kingdom causes.
- What’s (Not) In Your Wallet – Read here
- Non-Cash Assets