We appreciate all the thoughtful gifts we receive throughout the year. Your monetary donations allow us to allocate funds where they are needed most. However you decide to donate, we appreciate your generosity.
To learn more about all the different ways you can give back to our community, volunteer, and donate, scroll through the options below or contact us!
Join us in seeking God through prayer as we care for our residents daily and look for direction into the future. Learn about sour specific prayer requests.
How can I help through prayer?
Prayer on behalf of David’s House is critical to the ministry happening here. This has been the Lord’s ministry from the beginning and it continues to be him using all of us—yourself included—to show his love and care to our friends with special needs. Therefore, we ask that you please join us in seeking God through prayer as we care for our residents daily and look for direction into the future.
Daily prayer needs:
- Safety and good health for our residents
- Wisdom for the leadership of the ministry
- The attentiveness of our direct care staff
- The Lord to work in the hearts of those who would have the ability to support our work financially or through their gifts of time, material or labor
Specific needs we’d ask you to remember in prayer:
- Wisdom as we build more homes to help more families and their loved ones with special needs
- That the Lord would surround us with an extended network of supporters and advocates to help carry us in the days ahead
Make a donation or become a monthly donor.
How can I help financially?
In order to continue providing quality, total-person care for our residents, we need your help! There are many different ways to support David’s House financially from donating online to becoming a monthly donor or planned giving.
To discuss your financial giving opportunities, please contact Greg VanderGoot at 616.284.4383 or email@example.com
Shop our Amazon Charity List or volunteer.
What do I donate and how do I volunteer?
Learn how you can multiply the impact of your giving in ways that honor God, provide for your family and further the important mission of David’s House.
How can I leave a legacy
Planned gifts offer you smart and creative ways to increase your impact, often while benefiting your family, too.
1. Gifts In A Will
When you give a gift to David’s House in your will, you model to your loved ones a legacy of generosity. Your “ultimate gift” helps ensure that David’s House will continue to make a difference well beyond your lifetime.
Benefits of Gifts in a Will
- Legacy. Extend the impact of your generosity well beyond your lifetime.
- Simplicity. Easily add your favorite charities as beneficiaries in your will or trust.
- Availability. Retain access to your God-given resources for the remainder of your lifetime, or for as long as you need them.
- Flexibility. Change your mind at any time about how your charitable gifts are designated.
- Capacity. Potentially give the largest gift you’ll ever have the ability to give.
- 3 Big Questions Before You Finalize Your Will
- 7 Reasons to Review Your Will
- FreeWill Info Sheet
- Roadmap to Completed Will
- The People in Your Plan
2. Gifts of Stock or Real Estate
Most charitable gifts are given in the form of cash because this is so familiar. However, this is probably not the most cost-effective way for you to give.
Examples of Non-Cash Assets
- Stock or marketable securities
- Real estate
- Business interests
- Farm commodities
- Life insurance
- Retirement assets, such as gifts from your IRA
- Tax-wise. Receive a fair market value deduction at the time of your gift and avoid tax liability on the sale of appreciated assets.
- Eliminate hassles. Give assets you no longer need or want to manage (such as rental properties of vacation homes) for the benefit of Kingdom causes.
3. Gifts That Pay You Income
A lifetime income gift – such as a charitable gift annuity or a charitable remainder trust – is a wonderful solution if you wish to give in a substantial way, but are concerned about having enough retirement income. You can give cash or other property, and receive steady income for the rest of your life (or a designated number of years). The remainder will benefit your favorite Kingdom causes.
Benefits of Gifts That Pay Your Income
- Win-win. Support your favorite charities while securing income payments for life or a designated number of years.
- Eliminate hassles. Give assets you no longer need or care to manage (such as rental property or vacation homes) to benefit God’s Kingdom.
- Tax-wise. Receive an immediate income tax deduction at the time of your gift and reduce capital gains tax when funding your gift with appreciated assets.
4. Gifts From Your IRA
If you are 70 ½ or older, you can make a sizable gift to David’s House from your individual retirement account (IRA) AND receive significant tax benefits in return. Give a tax-wise gift up to $100,000 per year in IRA assets directly to David’s House.
Benefits of Giving from Your IRA
- Convenient. An easy way to give to your favorite charity.
- Tax-wise. Distributions made directly to charity are not treated as taxable income. Advantageous even if you don’t itemize deductions on your tax returns!
- Promises kept. Gifts from your IRA can be used to fulfill any charitable giving pledges previously made.
- Impactful. Gifts are tax-free to the charity. The entirety of your gift will go toward ministry!
Requirements of a Qualified Charitable Distribution
You can give from your IRA to David’s House without any federal tax liability, as long as the gifts are qualified charitable distributions (QCDs). Distributions qualify for all or part of an IRA owner’s required minimum distribution (RMD).
- IRA holders must be age 70 ½ or older at the time of the gift.
- Give up to $100,000 per year as a single person or $200,000 per year as a married couple from separate accounts.
- Gifts must be outright gifts made directly to David’s House.
- Distributions to donor-advised funds, charitable trusts or for charitable gift annuities are not permissible.
- Distributions may only be made from traditional IRAs or Roth IRAs; other retirement accounts are not eligible
Be A Fundraiser
Shop with AmazonSmile or host a fundraiser.
How can I fundraise?
Become A Fundraiser
Whether it be a lemonade stand or a dinner party, we’d be happy to help you explore what your involvement with David’s House might look like. A few options may include:
- Create a Facebook birthday fundraiser
- Create a fundraiser for an upcoming race
- Host a fundraising dinner party
- Shop through AmazonSmile
What is AmazonSmile?
AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon with the same products, prices, and shopping features as Amazon.com. The difference is that when you shop on AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to David’s House Ministries.
Visit smile.amazon.com to start shopping!
For more information on how you can become a fundraiser, call Greg VanderGoot at 616.284.4383 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.